Dementia Works Limited's Managing Director, Fiona Fowler, has worked in social care and education for over twenty years. Her roles have included;
- Training and Development at the Dementia Services Development Centre, Stirling University. Providing training throughout Scotland. Tutoring on the MSC in Dementia Studies, developing and delivering training materials. Fiona has trained social workers, care workers, family carers and staff working in the community. In addition Fiona has spoken at national and international conferences on dementia related topics.
- Associate Consultant at the Dementia Services Development Centre, Stirling University. Providing advice and guidance to those providing services for people with dementia. Working with both private and statutory providers in order to develop services for people with dementia.
- Fiona has been involved in the preparation of a DVD on Life Story work and on the newly released DVD, Darkness in the Afternoon which now contains guidance on how to use the DVD as a training tool. Other work has included developing the publication 'Bridging the Gap' A guide for Managers in Health and Social Care.
- Inspection and Regulation Officer for Social Services for twelve years. Specialising in care and nursing homes for older people and people with dementia.
- Lecturer in Health and Social Care, Peterborough College. Tutor for the HNC programme in Health and Social Care.
- Manager of Unit for People with Dementia. Developing care packages to provide person centred care within a care home setting. Experienced in providing care packages in conjunction with statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Fiona devised a training package for the Scottish police force which is now used through out Scotland.
I am experienced and committed to working positively to improve life for people who have dementia. I have a passion for working with staff and developing and encouraging them to achieve their potential. As I have worked in several different sectors of the Health and Social Care spectrum I am able to provide meaningful and appropriate training that will meet individual need. I am a qualified Teacher and Trainer.